If you’re new to programming, you’ll shortly discover that with a little exercise, it’s not as tough as folks make it out to be! You can absolutely teach yourself how to code iPhone apps and before you know it, you’ll be submitting your own app into the App Store.
You’ll be introduced to programming terminology, Swift code and iOS development basics one building block at a time. By the end of the following lessons, I promise that you’ll be amazed at how much you’ve been able to achieve it from scratch!
This introductory course is broken up into two modules.
In Module 1: Basics
- You’ll be introduced to Xcode 6 and all of the many other tools/resources we’ll be using.
- You’ll learn all of the components that go into any iPhone app
- You’ll get your feet wet with writing Swift code
- You’ll build your first iPhone app!
In Module 2: Art of war
- You’ll dive right into building a simple card game called War!
- You’ll learn Swift programming thoughts
- You’ll learn how to use Auto Layout to build your user interface
- You’ll learn how to handle button taps in your app
- You’ll learn how to show images!
- You’ll add reason and write code to control a winner
- You’ll learn how to use graphics and style the app
The lessons are short and focus on being practical. If you’re practicing what you study on your own computer, you’ll learn a lot quicker so I extremely recommend that you follow along!